Study in AustraliaAustralia, well known as the “land of kangaroos” and is one of world’s most fascinating places in the world. It is a tourist friendly destination in the world map, also recognized for its superlative education opportunities that may change your life for better.
Australia is spectacularly diverse: a singing mix of mountains, forest, reefs, beaches, deserts and multicultural melting-pot cities. It happens to be the six largest country by land area and is bordered by the Indian Ocean towards its west, and towards its east is the South Pacific Ocean. The country offers safe and sophisticated society that is also harmonious to undergo a unique experience.
Population and Culture
Talking about its population, it is heard that density wise the country is among the lowest in the world with an average of 2.5 people per square kilometer. By now the total populace of Australia, as recorded in the year 2013, is 23.13 million.
Climate and Environment
Further, the climatic conditions of this highlighted country that offers cosmopolitan attractions reveal that nearly a third of the country is in the tropics and rest lies in the moderate zone.
Australia includes a total land area of nearly 7.7 million square kilometers (sq. km). The country is situated in the southern hemisphere, and shares closeness to Indonesia, New Zealand, and Papua New Guinea. Above all, this is a much-loved tourist place for being rich in quality of life, abundant tourist opportunities, and high life expectancy.
The country is known for its natural wonders that are very much the part of large cities like Brisbane, Sydney, Perth, Melbourne, and Adelaide.
There are some regional cities of Australia such as Orange, Bundaberg, Gold Coast and surrounds, Albany, Cairns, Townsville and so on and are highly noteworthy for their lush settings and eventful activities.
The main language spoken by Aussies is Australian English, which is about 80%. However, there are some indigenous languages that are also spoken all over Australia include Tasmanian languages, Torres Strait languages and Australian Aboriginal languages.
Together both main cities and regional cities form perfect business hubs to cater all kinds of business needs aiming overall development and growth of the country.
Australia is huge but sparsely populated, and to get around conveniently to desired location you can take help of outstanding private and public transport systems. It is indeed a self-motivated and vibrant country of highly active and friendly people.
It will be not wrong to call it a multi-cultural country with English-speaking people, and provides a world-class educational experience that helps getting jobs and hold prominent positions worldwide.
At last, we can say that coming to Australia won’t be regretful anyways because it also provides value for money service and a standard of living which is without a doubt highest in the world. So, even if you are a student who wishes to study in Australia, the country welcomes you with open arms and expects to offer memorable stay overall, owing to its less costly living expenses and tuition cost than the UK and USA.
Australian Education System
- Australia, well known as the “land of kangaroos” is frequently becoming the most preferred education destination among Indian students.
- It attracts students worldwide mainly because it is the third largest English-speaking country in the world that makes a real difference in their life. For a person who wants to be innovative, highly creative and encourages independent thinking must choose Australia for higher studies at leading international universities.
- Besides, Australia also offers safe and pleasant society in which students can learn and travel without restrictions.
You need not worry if thinking to enroll at the university level of education. It is so because each university here encourages high-quality education system. Therefore, whether you are an undergraduate or aim to become a postgraduate, all universities are worth taking admission.
Further, as far as courses are concerned the universities are highly professional to introduce a vast range of courses and follow semester system as well as trimester system.
Business & IT
Medicine & Health
Psychology & Social Work
Humanities & Social Sciences
Vocational Education and Training (VET)
Here in Australia the vocational education and training (VET) is offered by TAFE (Technical and Further Education). These are government funded institutes as well as some private colleges. Therefore share a close bond with industry only to encourage practical and skilled based courses.
Once here at any chosen VET you will be able to improve career-focused skills. Hence in this way you can use your vocational skills to boost your career.
Australian schools are both public and private. Further, the school education is compulsory between the age 5 and 16. However, the matriculation exam for the University is generally at the age of 18.
English Language (ELICOS) in Australia
- Australia is certainly a student-friendly destination and is becoming increasingly popular for them to learn English.
- If you are interested to develop your English for more business opportunities, then the country offers a wide choice of colleges. Further, some programs are also introduced fulfilling your needs related to command in English.
- Australians are very helpful people and give a warm welcome to every outsider who is interested in their culture as well as in their lifestyle.
- Most English colleges also accommodate students with Australian families near the college just to offer them a true taste of Australian hospitality.
- Staying here along with pursuing higher education is inexpensive in Australia.
- Aussies are very adventurous at heart. They like to indulge themselves in camping, thrilling activities, family picnics and exotic outdoor fun.
From excellence to innovation to affordable cost of living to highly professional job opportunities to the possibility of more scholarships to more and more career opportunities, coming, staying and studying in Australia will bring memorable experience. However, for better understanding that why international students choose to study in Australia, have a look at all important points being covered here below…
- After the UK and The USA, the country has the third-largest number of international students studying at respectable universities.
- All institutions and qualifications of the country are highly recognized worldwide for their excellence and matchless quality.
- Being an international student, you are entitled to scholarship opportunities.
- You must know that the country is politically stable and very friendly. Therefore every local believes to give a heart welcome to every international student or outsider who is coming here for the first time.
- Australia is renowned for its top-notch, first-class education that comes with up-to-date facilities. Besides, the teaching faculty includes intelligent teachers, support services, and international recognition.
- The country is much loved for its dynamic and vibrant environment with an option of entry points, study environment, and study pathways.
- Multicultural Australia is without any doubt sophisticated, degrees and universities are all acclaimed internationally and best in the world.
- Living costs and tuition costs are also offered in the budget here in Australia, unlike the UK and The USA.
- Must note that international student is allowed to work for up to 20 hours a week. This encourages them to earn money and gain superb work experience and make new connections.
- Being here in Australia is like a home away from home.
Top 10 reasons to study in Australia
- The third highest number of international students in the world behind only the United Kingdom and the United States despite having a population of only 23 million(2013).
- Australia has seven of the top 100 universities in the world!
- Over 22,000 courses across 1,100 institutions,
- Australia sits above the likes of Germany, the Netherlands, and Japan, ranking eighth in the Universitas 2012 U21 Ranking of National Higher Education Systems.
- These are strong academic credentials, but our institutions are just as highly rated as the cities that house them around the country.
- Australia has five of the 30 best cities in the world for students based on student mix, affordability, quality of life, and employer activity – all important elements for students when choosing the best study destination.
- A$200 million provided by the Australian Government each year in international scholarships,
at least one Australian university in the top 50 worldwide across the study areas of Natural Sciences & Mathematics, Life & Agricultural Sciences, Clinical Medicine & Pharmacy, and Physics.
- More than 2.5 million former international students who have gone on to make a difference after studying in Australia.
- Australia has produced 15 Nobel Prize laureates.
- Every day over 1 billion people around the world rely on Australian discoveries and innovations – including penicillin, IVF, ultrasound, Wi-Fi, the Bionic Ear, cervical cancer vaccine and Black Box Flight Recorders – to make their lives, and the lives of others, better.
Why wouldn’t you want to study with some of the best minds in the world?
English Language Requirements
Australian education institutions:
Australian education institutions set their English language requirements for TAFE, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D. courses. It may have a different level of English proficiency for admission then Australian student visa. English entry requirement should be clarified with your proposed Australia insinuation. Australian institution may accept IETLS, TOFEL (iBT), TOFEL (PBT).
Australian Student Visa:
Australian Immigration department accepts test results from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test and the Occupational English Test (OET) taken in any country. Where IELTS test is not available in a country, The TOEFL Paper-Based Test (TOEFL PBT) is accepted. Such countries are Belarus, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Kyrgyzstan, Mali, Moldova, Solomon Islands, Suriname, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Uzbekistan.
Education costs in Australia
Education costs in Australia depend on the institution, the level of study and city. Institution’s tuition fees are payable before your course start as an international student. In addition to this, additional costs may be involved such as course materials and access to institution facilities such as print a copy.
Different types of qualifications and average course costs per year (Australia dollars):
|Qualification Level||Average Course Costs Per Year (Australia dollars)||Average Course Costs Per Year (Indian Rupees)|
|School||$7,800 to $30,000|
|English language studies||Around $300 per week depending on course length|
|Vocational Education and Training (Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma)||$4,000 to $22,000|
|Undergraduate Bachelor Degree (IT, Business, Economics, Law and Arts)||$15,000 to $33,000|
|Undergraduate Bachelor Degree (Science and Engineering Courses )||$16,000 to $40,000|
|Postgraduate Masters Degree||$20,000 to $37,000|
|Doctoral Degree||$14,000 to $37,000|
Living costs in Australia
Average living costs in Australia is A$240 per week on accommodation, groceries, electricity, clothing, transport, entertainment, telephone, traveling, other unexpected costs. There is only guidance, but a student needs to remember that individual have their circumstance, lifestyle, and location, which increase or decrease costs of living.
For your reference, here are some of the costs associated with living and studying in Australia. (All costs are in Australian dollars.)
- Hostels and Guesthouses – $80 to $135 per week
- Shared Rental – $70 to $250 per week
- On campus – $80 to $250 per week
- Homestay – $110 to $270 per week
- Rental – $100 to $400 per week
- Boarding schools – $10,000 to $20,000 a year
Other living expenses
- Groceries and eating out – $80 to $200 per week
- Gas, electricity – $60 to $100 per week
- Phone and Internet – $20 to $50 per week
- Public transport – $10 to $50 per week
- Car (after purchase) – $150 to $250 per week
- Entertainment – $50 to $100 per week
Minimum cost of living
To obtain a student visa from The Department of Immigration and Border Protection, Australia, it has financial requirements, which you must meet as per below: All costs are per year in Australian dollars.
- You – $18,610
- Your partner – $6,515
- Your first child – $3,720
- Every other child – $2,790
Work while you study
While studying in Australia, you can work part-time, which helps with living expenses and gaining work experience about your study area. On student visa (almost all student visas), you are allowed to work up to 40 hours every fortnight (two weeks) during semesters, and unlimited hours during holidays in college.
You can get a paid work, internships and volunteer in Australia. It has a wide range of industries, including:
- Retail – supermarkets, department and clothing stores.
- Hospitality – cafes, bars and restaurants.
- Tourism – hotels and motels.
- Agricultural – farming and fruit-picking.
- Sales and telemarketing.
- Administration or Clerical roles.
To work in Australia, you will also need to get a tax file number. Visit the Australian Taxation Office website to find out more information on getting a tax file number, as well as information about paying taxes in Australia.
There are plenty of ways to find work that suits you, including:
- Local newspapers and online job sites www.seek.com.au, www.careerone.com.au.
- Some institutions provide job notice-boards on campus and online. Contact your institution’s international student support staff to find out what options your institution offers.
- Register your details at a recruitment firm; many of them help place people in casual or short-term work.
Get In Touch
Location: 1st Floor, Shop no F17-20 Vatsalya Status, Opp Railway Station, Kadi (Mehsana), Gujarat 382715, India
Telephone: +91 95860 59595, +91 96877 44944
School Hours: Mon-Sat: 8am – 8pm, Sun: Closed