Study in CanadaCanada is a true tourist delight. It leaves no opportunity to impress the outsiders, and thereby platters all possible attractions that will motivate you to plan a visit at least once.
Canada is a realm of calmness. The country shares proximity to the USA and is a great place to live, study and work. Among sports enthusiasts, it is liked for offering them the game of ice hockey, and tourist attractions like maple trees and Salmon Canada are worth to call it a tourist-friendly destination.
Population and Culture
The people of the country it is approximately 35 million. It is also heard that near three-quarters of Canada live covers 150 km of the USA boundary. Further, the culture of the country brings to light an assortment of numerous regional, aboriginal and ethnic subcultures.
Climate and Environment
Canada’s climatic conditions deserve an attention. Here winters are heard to be very harsh in many regions, especially in the interiors and Prairie Provinces. But Costal British Colombia is an exception and offers moderate climate, with a mild and rainy winter.
The geographical information of the country reveals that it is an important northern portion of North America. It shares its land borders with the adjoining USA to the south and Alaska, the US state to the northwest.
Most of the Canadians like to speak in English. However, French is also widely spoken among the natives of the country.
The main cities of the country include Ottawa (the capital city), Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, and Toronto.
There are so many up-to-the-minute business centers in Canada that can fulfill all your business related requirements as expected.
In Canada, you can easily avail the road, car, rail and water networks to move from here to there. You must note that the country’s economy and lifestyle is tied to its national transportation infrastructure system.
- Canada provides a lifetime chance to over 100, 000 international students to study in the well-known universities.
- The leading institutions of the country are a home to several different types of internationally-respected programs
- In a recent announcement made by Canadian Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, the country is presenting a unique, fast-track system. This will allow international students, as well as graduates with great work experience, become the eligible permanent residents of the country.
- As far as the international student tuition cost is concerned it will vary from province to province. Besides, it will depend upon his academic program of choice.
- In comparison to other countries like New Zealand, Australia, UK and the USA, the country’s living cost is affordable.
- It is heard that each year Canadian universities educate over 1.5 million students
- Canadian universities are known for their detailed research work and professional developments.
- The significant number of universities across the country is loved for arranging marvelous facilities to both national as well as an international student.
- The leading universities of Canada are The University of Toronto and McGill.
- Being a foreign student who is planning to study here in Canada gets the double advantage of two official languages: English and French
- Universities of Canada offer a healthy, peaceful and diversified environment to all the international students.
- Where advanced diploma is normally two or three-year program, the doctorate or Ph.D. requires 4 to 7 years to get complete
- All post graduate diploma or certification courses are generally for one or two years.
- Full-time enrollments at individual universities vary from 35, 000 to less than 1, 000.
- Most universities of Canada have a large number of part-time or continuing education students.
- The TOFL is commonly accepted, but all Canadian universities have their tests for students or may accept IELTS.
- Students aiming to get a university degree can easily complete their first two years at a university college or community college and earn credits.
College and Technical Institutions
- Worldwide the country Canada is being acclaimed for its strong education system.
- The country has also made high-quality arrangements regarding vocational and technical programs at university levels, secondary school, and community college.
- Colleges and technical institutions are very much in demand for offering education choices in Canada. They are known to provide professional programs of 1-3 years.
- There are some community colleges that offer university programs that provide an option to students to opt for courses that are similar to those offered for the first two years of a four-year university program.
- It is mandatory to check with the colleges or universities that accept the transfer credits and or not.
- Canada career colleges are privately owned.
- They arrange training programs to help students with practical skills to face completion in the job market.
- The students who are interested in training programs like multimedia, film studies, graphic design, hospitality, computer/internet studies usually come consider applying to career colleges in Canada.
- Career colleges are known for highly competitive free structures
- Schools in Canada for international students come with an option that allows them to work part off campus and full time throughout the vacations without a work permit.
- There are many language schools in Canada that are top leaders in language training at all levels. They have a unique arrangement in the form of a wide variety of programs in both English and French.
- Canada has two official languages. Students from different parts of the world, study either English as a Second Language (ESL) OR French as a Second Language (FSL).
- International language can easily select from executive or business programs, intensive immersions, short-term language programs, and academic preparations.
- Almost all schools and community colleges organize ESL, whereas FSL is organized at both private and public institutors.
- International students who are interested in ESL or FSL programs can enroll up to six months and may pursue study in the country without a Study Permit.
- For English language courses in Canada, there are best of schools found in Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and British Columbia
- There are multiple opportunities awaiting at most public universities that offer English Language courses, mainly because of country’s active social scene.
- Vancouver is very popular to have made arrangements for high-quality English speaking teachers.
- Toronto, on the other end, is a beaming location on the world map to introduce language learning for all foreign students.
- Last but not least, another popular option to broaden your language skills is Montreal. It is one of the noted hubs for English learning. However, the top schools would include Ecole de Langues de l’Estrie Inc. and Ecole Charade.
Why Choose to Study in Canada?
- The country offers high-quality education and thus opens several gateways for your future.
- You must note that all Canadian certificates, degrees and diplomas are worth and recognized worldwide.
- Canada is known worldwide for its quality education. However, the cost of living and tuition fees for an international student is lower than those offered in the USA and The UK.
- Canada is most often selected a destination for foreign students to attend college or university.
- Canada offers multi-cultural society that allows an international student to indulge in ethnic foods and several recreational activities.
- Canada and its natives have huge regards for human rights and equality. Therefore staying here will never be problematic.
- Canada is 100% peaceful and stable place to study and work side by side.
English Language Requirements
Canada education institutions:
Canadian education institutions set their English language requirements for a diploma, advanced diploma, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and PhD courses. It may have a different level of English proficiency for admission than Canadian student visa. English entry requirement should be clarified with your proposed Canadian insinuation. Canadian institution may accept IETLS.
Canadian Student Visa:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) accepts test results from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test results taken within last 24 months with the overall band not less than 6.0.
Education costs in Canada
The education cost is affordable and lowest in Canada compared to the UK, Australia, New Zealand and US. Education fees is depend on the institution, level of study and city. Institution’s tuition fees are payable before your course start as an international student. In addition to this, additional costs may be involved such as course materials and access to institution facilities such as print a copy. The average cost for an Arts & Science program is C$ 11,903 for a foreign student for one school year (8 months) in Canada.
|University tuition fees for full-time foreign students,
General Arts and Sciences Programs in Canada
|Province||2006 – 2007
Undergraduate tuition fees
(per academic year)*
|2006 – 2007
Graduate tuition fees
(per academic year)**
|Newfoundland and Labrador||$8,780||$1,896 – $3,549|
|Prince Edward Island||$8,970||$4,854 – $7,281|
|Nova Scotia||$8,233 – $14,349||$5,735 – $19,467|
|New Brunswick||$7,843 – $12,810||$7,260 – $9,384|
|Quebec||$10,068 – $12,930||$9,078 – $20,000|
|Ontario||$6,900 – $16,800||$5,650 – $26,764|
|Manitoba||$5,573 – $8,283||$4,170 – $7,937|
|Saskatchewan||$8,489 – $11,482||$2,000 – $7,078|
|Alberta||$8,000 – $15,767||$5,500 – $21,546|
|British Columbia||$9,248 – $17,667||$2,600 – $33,667|
|Source: Statistics Canada*Undergraduate programs in arts
**Graduate programs in all faculties
Living costs in Canada
Average living costs in Canada is $240 per week on accommodation, groceries, electricity, clothing, transport, entertainment, telephone, travelling, and other unexpected costs. These are only guidance, but the student needs to remember that individual have their circumstance, lifestyle and location, which increase or decrease costs of living. For your reference, here are some of the costs associated with living and studying in Canada. (All costs are in Canada dollars.)
- Hostels and Guesthouses – $100 to $250 per night
- Bed-and-Breakfast – $35 to $105 per night
- Youth Hostels/YWCA/YMCA: $24 – $45 per night
- Homestays : $400 – $800 per month
- Residence/Dormitory : $3,000 – $7,500 per school year
- Shared Rental – £65 to £150 per week
- Homestay – £65 to £270 per week
- Rental – £80 to £250 per week
- Suite or Apartment: $400 – $1,500 per month
Other living expenses
- Groceries and eating out – $30 to $100 per week
- Gas, electricity – $10 to $50 per week
- Phone and Internet – $20 to $50 per week
- Public transport – $20 to $50 per week
- Entertainment – $50 to $100 per week
Work while they’re studying in Canada
As an international student, you could get a job on campus and off campus jobs.
Part-time work rights
You can work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions.
Full-time work rights
You may work full-time during all vacations scheduled by your education provider (for example, winter and summer holidays or spring break).
Get In Touch
Location: 1st Floor, Shop no F17-20 Vatsalya Status, Opp Railway Station, Kadi (Mehsana), Gujarat 382715, India
Telephone: +91 95860 59595, +91 96877 44944
School Hours: Mon-Sat: 8am – 8pm, Sun: Closed